Mission and Vision Statement
ADAMSON MIDDLE SCHOOL PHILOSOPHY
Adamson Middle School is committed to providing an environment that emphasizes the self-worth and dignity of each individual. We believe that teaching and learning are enhanced in an atmosphere of mutual respect. It is the responsibility of the faculty to be sensitive to the intellectual, social, emotional, and physical aspects of the adolescent. Adamson Middle School is self-renewing. We encourage collegiality and see it as a needed condition for staff communication and coordination. This self-renewing concept enables the school to cultivate an ongoing capacity to self-critique and self-improve, particularly in the contemporary high-standards-emphasizing environment. Recognizing the unique developmental characteristics of the middle school child, we strive to provide appropriate learning experiences and interpersonal communication. We work to facilitate a smooth, gradual transition between elementary and high school programs. In order to encourage our students to be contributing and productive citizens, we believe that the Adamson Middle School’s faculty, parents, and community must work as a team to prepare adolescents to develop goals, meet challenges, and pursue aspirations.
The mission of Adamson Middle School is to be accountable for providing a globally competitive education that empowers students to achieve academic and personal goals and to become college and career ready, productive, responsible citizens.
The vision of Adamson Middle School is to be a school of excellence preparing ALL students to live and compete successfully in a global economy.
Core Belief Statements
- We believe children have first priority in all of our resources.
- We believe education is the shared responsibility of the student, the parent/guardian, the school, and the community.
- We believe communication and understanding among all stakeholders of our diverse community are essential to achieving the goals of education.
- We believe that learning is a continuous process and most productive when the needs of each child are met through instruction provided by competent and caring teachers.
- We believe a learning environment where everyone experiences security, care, dignity, and respect is essential.
“Excellence is the Only Standard”